Saturday, December 03, 2011

My Absence

I'm writing this post—with the help of my son Thuy—to explain my absence in this space. Early in October I suffered a fall, and as the result I spent 20 days in the intensive care unit at George Washington University Hospital. The doctors and nurses there are first-class professionals, and I am fortunate to have such good care. For the past few weeks, I've been working hard in my recovery to regain my strength, with the help of many therapists (speech, physical, occupational and nutritionists). I miss writing, and I have many ideas that I hope to share with you in the near future. Thank you for your support and happy holidays. Please keep up the good fight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Robert,

Best of luck with your recovery. I always enjoy reading your blogs and hope you're back online and fully fit soon.

In solidarity,

Ben
TUC

Rev. Will Lawbaugh said...

Hey, Bob,
Thank you for communicating with all your many, many admiring friends, including me.
I feel so blessed to have visited you two weeks ago at the rehab center. You have such a wonderful attitude and holy spirit.
We all hope that Thuy will pass our greetings and love on to you as you recover. My God bless Dzung and your competent and caring caregivers. Your dear friend, Will+

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob:

Thank you for letting us know about your situation, I began to worry about you since your last blog was in September.

I am reading your book: Justice at Work. Actually, I am studying it, since it contains so much information. Please get well soon; I really want to do something about 'business ethics and globalization' and really enjoy your insights.

Best wishes,

Maranda

Lori said...

Wow, I went searching to find a copy of your book "Don't Shop on Sunday" or "Save Sunday for God and Family" and came across your website and Blog and discovered so many great articles about globalization. There will be a lot of great reading ahead. Back to my original search, other than an excerpt from "America" magazine is either of the above two books posted online or available anywhere? lorimav at yahoo dot com May God grant you a speedy recovery! Lori